Automated Teller Machine (ATM) available at the hospital entrance.
The Courtyard Café is located on the lower level and is happy to offer you products from Tim Horton's as well as choices of hot or cold food. The cafeteria is open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:15 p.m. Visitors are welcome!
Chapel is open to patients, staff and families 24 hours/day. Telephone: (705) 267-6351 or ext. 6351 from your patient room phone.
Interpreters are available for various languages. To access this service, please ask your health care provider.
For inpatient meal inquiries, call ext. 6310 from your patient room phone. Select Service offers a new way of presenting your meal choices. At mealtime, our CSA or Dietary Aide will come to your room to offer the menu choices and serve your meal. If you follow a special diet, be sure to let us know when you arrive. A Clinical Dietitian or a Dietary Coordinator may visit you to discuss special needs. Meals are served at approximately 8:00 a.m., 12:00 noon, and 5:00 p.m.
Located on the Main Floor. It is operated by the TADH Auxiliary and has a large selection of gifts, flowers, cards, and personal items available for sale.
Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Native Patient Services
Native Patient Services provides Cree translation and support for Native patients. For assistance please call (705) 264-4661.
Newspapers are available at the Gift Shop and from boxes located outside the front entrance.
Pastoral Care/Volunteer Services/Cooperative Education Office
Located beside the chapel on the main floor. For more information about these programs, contact us at 705-267-6351 or at ext. 6351 when calling from within the hospital.
The Spiritual Place is open to patients, staff and families 24 hours/day. For smudging ceremonies and other inquiries, contact Pastoral Care Services at (705) 267-6351 or ext. 6351 from your patient room phone.
Patients can arrange to rent a telephone from the Hospital or use the pay phones that are available in the main entrance.
Acute patients: $13.00 for the lenght of stay (subject to change without notice)
Rehab/ASR/Chronic/ALC patients: $45/month (subject to change without notice)
Hospitality Network, in partnership with TADH, is pleased to provide patients with personal bedside television rental service. Click on the following link for more information on how to arrange for service or call 1-866-223-3686. All payment arrangements are to be made with Hospitality Network.
For more information about Hospitality Network, please visit www.hospitalitynetwork.ca.
Please leave money, credit cards, jewelry, valuable items and papers at home. If you arrive at the hospital with anything deemed valuable, please ask your health care provider to have it deposited by Security for safekeeping. Dentures are valuable too. Keep them safe.
The Hospital cannot accept responsibility for lost or damaged valuables or personal property kept at the bedside.
Vending Machines are located close in the cafeteria and on the 3rd floor.
- Medical, Continuing Care, Maternal Child/ Obstetrics/Maternity, Surgical: 11am - 8pm
Note: In addition to the above, up to 2 visitors may accompany patients during the immediate pre and post-operative periods in Surgical.
- Mental Health: 2pm - 4pm & 6pm-8pm
- Paediatrics: 24 hours
- Critical Care: 24 hours except 8am - 9am and 8pm - 9pm
- Emergency: 24 hours except 7am - 8am and 7pm - 8pm
- Dialysis and Oncology: During treatment periods
- Immediate family and support persons are welcome in the hospital and are encouraged to support and provide comfort to patients. Visitation times and the number of visitors can be amended to meet the compassionate and special care needs of the patient. The Health care team along with the patient, will determine what visiting modifications are required on an individual basis.
- Visitors must wash their hands on entering the hospital, on entering the patient room, after any contact with the patient or items in their room, on leaving the patient room and on leaving the hospital.
- Visitors must not visit if they display any symptoms of ill health that is different from their normal state health, such as: fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle aches, fatigue, headache, nausea, vomiting etc.
- No more than two visitors per patient at any one time including children.
- All arrangements for children under the age of 12 to visit must be made in collaboration with the Health Care Team. A responsible person must supervise children under the age of 12.
- During outbreak situations when the hospital is experiencing clusters or wide scale incidents of infectious and/or contagious conditions, the visiting policy may be unilaterally amended as appropriate by the CEO or designate.
- The hospital and its staff may, in their sole discretion, acting reasonably, restrict a visitor's access to the Hospital or to a particular patient where such a restriction is in the best interest of a patient or patients of the Hospital.
Public washrooms are conveniently located throughout the Hospital and most are wheelchair accessible. Public washrooms are identified.
Wireless Internet Access for Patients & Visitors
The Hospital has enabled limited wireless access for Patients & Visitors to use during your stay here at the Hospital. Please note that while most websites will be available, due to their high limited bandwidth available (and for security reasons), high volume web sites, video & audio streaming websites as well as social network websites such as Facebook are not accessible from our public network.