Patients who have either been directed by public health to book a test or patients who wish to be tested for COVID-19 should either attend a walk-in testing/assessment clinic or call 705-267-0224 to schedule testing.
Timmins COVID-19 Assessment Centre
651 Ross Ave E, Timmins
Timmins COVID-19 Regular Assessment Centre Hours
Monday – Friday – 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM – Walk In Hours
Monday – Friday – 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM – By Appointment Only
Saturday – Sunday – 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM – Walk-In Hours
While attending the Assessment Centre and/or Walk-In Testing Centres we kindly ask that you:
- Wear a mask at all times;
- Respect physical distancing; and
- Bring your health card and/or government ID
Individuals looking for more information about COVID-19 testing can access more information here.
COVID-19 Testing for International Travel
Effective September 13th, 2021, the Timmins and District Hospital is pleased to announce that the Assessment Centre will be providing COVID-19 testing for asymptomatic individuals who require a negative COVID-19 test for an upcoming international flight. The cost for this service is $200.00 per test.
If you are asymptomatic and require a COVID-19 test for international travel please follow the process below:
1. Prior to your appointment being scheduled payment for your test is required. Payment can be made through our Finance Department, Monday – Friday, between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM. Payment can be made either:
· In-person by attending the Finance Department. Upon arrival please go through the front entrance and complete the COVID-19 screening process; or
· By phone via credit card or debit Visa by calling 705-267-2131 Ext. 2087, 2161, 2165 or 2071.
2. Once payment is received, proof of payment will be faxed to the Assessment Centre by the Finance Department.
3. An Assessment Centre staff member will call you within 24 hours to schedule your appointment. Walk-ins are not permitted for international travel swabbing.
Swabbing appointments will be scheduled Monday – Saturday between 8:30 AM and 12:00 PM.
4. Results can be collected at the Assessment Centre Monday – Saturday between 8:30 AM and 12:00 PM.
The Timmins and District Hospital Assessment Centre is not responsible for determining the timing required for your test. Requirements for travel change frequently and each destination may be different. It is the responsibility of the passenger to check any testing requirements for their destination prior to scheduling their testing.